WORKAFELLA IN ASSOCIATION WITH CHENNAIYIN FC HOSTS FUN FUTSAL 2020

0
215

Chennai, February 03, 2020: Workafella, a young vibrant arena for doers and thinkers and one of the leading co-working space providers in the country, in association with celebrated football club Chennaiyin FC (CFC) hosted Futsal 2020. Football aficionados from the Workafella community came out on to the fields for an exclusive tournament between members of all the Workafella centres across Chennai. Indian National Football team winger, Lallianzuala Chhangte, felicitated the winning team from Workafella Perungudi with Tournament trophy and CFC merchandise. With Workafella being CFC’s engine room, the center also doubled up as perfect venue for all of the club’s off-field activities.

Originating from the words futebol de salão (Portuguese) and fútbol sala (Spanish) meaning hall football, Futsal is an indoor five vs. five game. Futsal, known to be the fast-paced shorter format of football, usually fields 5 players a side instead of 11 as in the longer format. In recent years, Futsal has taken Asia and the world by storm with multiple amateur, semi-professional and professional leagues.

 “Congratulations to our winners, and all the participants of the Futsal 2020 tournament. We strongly believe in holistic development of our employees and constantly strive to organize events such as Futsal 2020 that aid our customers in enriching their employees’ lives,” said, Mr. Shray Rathha, Director, Workafella. “What was interesting to see was that the tournament also served as an opportunity for our members to network with one another between all our centers. We aimed at hosting a stress-buster activity for our community and help members stretch their muscles and give football fanatics of the Workafella community a reason to enjoy, network and unwind.” added Mr. Shray.

Futsal 2020 featured 6 teams, one from each of Workafella’s 6 centers in the city. The tournament saw the teams divided into two groups that played 3 matches each. The top two from each group went on to play the knockout round, comprising of both semi-final and final matches. Finally, the Workafella Perungudi team after an exhilarating day on the Astroturf got an opportunity to rub shoulders and spend some time with one of India’s youngest and finest footballers Lallianzuala Chhangte.

Workafella curates unique events for its community across its centers in India. Workafella associates with top brands to host events that do not only help community members network but also provide them with work-life balance. From cooking workshops to handicraft exhibitions; lifestyle pop-ups to fitness programmes; awareness drives to sport activities; Workafella has strived to curate exciting experiences for its community. Also with flagship events such as ‘Namaste Workafella’ and ‘In Conversation’,  Workafella covers various aspects of knowledge sharing and mind rejuvenation for its community members.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here