vivoStrengthens Portfolio in Tamil Nadu: Announces S1 at INR 17,990

0
236

Tamil Nadu contributes almost 8% to overall vivo India revenue

Chennai, August 27, 2019: vivo, the global innovative smartphone brand, today launched the first offering from the all new S series – the vivo S1 in Tamil Nadu, as part of its aggressive growth strategy for the region.The S-series is a true reflection of the latest style blended with innovative technology for the ever connected, chic, young consumers. The first device from this series, S1 showcases state-of-the-art design with unmatched camera capabilities. The vibrant and trendy device is available in two attractive color options – Skyline Blue and Diamond Black.

Tamil Nadu contributes almost7.53% of the overall smartphones in India; selling approximately 6.35 lakh smartphones per monthwhile being the third most contributing market by value with nearly 8%contribution to overall vivo India revenue.With the S1 launch, vivo aims to further strengthen its presence in the state.vivo currently enjoys a 21.2% market share by value in the Indian smartphone market, making it the second largest offline brand in the country.

Commenting on the Tamil Nadu launch, Nipun Marya, Director-Brand Strategy, vivo India said, “Tamil Nadu is a very important market for vivo and we have always received a positive response from consumers across the region for our wide product portfolio. We continue to strengthen ourfocus towards offering the latest in product innovation and new-age technology through our smartphones to provide enhanced experience to our consumers. We are certain that the vivo S1, our first offering in the S-series will get similar appreciation for the splendid camera experience and adding a new dimension to the consumers’ style quotient.”

The vivo S1 smartphone comes in 2 variants 4GB + 128GB and 6GB + 64GB variants priced at INR 17,990 and INR 18,990respectively. The 6GB + 128GB variant will be available from mid-September for INR 19,990. The device is available for purchase across offline outlets in Tamil Nadu and on online channels including vivo India E-store, Amazon.in, and Flipkart with many exciting offers. The S1, like all vivo devices sold in India, has been manufactured at vivo’s Greater Noida facility.

India’s first device powered by the all new MediaTekHelio P65 Octa-Core Processor running on a massive 4500mAh Battery, the S1 will help vivo strengthen its product portfolio in the region further. The device comes equipped with the best in-class 32MP front camera along with 16MP Primary Sony IMX499 Sensor, 8MP AI Super Wide Anglelensand 2MP Bokeh lens that help consumers create photographic masterpieces.

Currently equipped with a robustdistribution network of 5500+ retail stores across Tamil Nadu, and over 29service centers, that promise to give customers an excellent and quick after sales service experience.

About vivo India:

vivo, a premium global smartphone brand, entered India in late 2014; vivo has established itself as one of the top smartphone brands in India. Manufacturing in Greater Noida, the company has a robust distribution network across the country both online and offline, catering the best in class quality services to over 539 cities, in 27 states and 5 union territories backed by more than 550 service centres in India. The organization is dedicated to the pursuit of perfection and is continuously creating surprises for users through constant innovation. Through smartphones, vivo offers users a professional-grade photography solution, taking mobile photography to the level of an art form, witnessing and recording all of life’s beautiful moments.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here