Skechers Performance Chennai Marathon 2020 to kick-off on Sunday, 5th January

0
709

Chennai, Friday 1, 2019 :The Chennai Runnersa not-for-profit organization run by passionate runner-volunteers since 2006 and Skechers, an American performance and lifestyle footwear brand presents the 8th Edition of The Skechers Performance Chennai Marathon, powered by Chennai Runners, the largest running event in Chennai and second largest in India. Scheduled to be held on Sunday, 5th January 2020 the marathon under the title sponsorship of Skechers is expected tosee over 25,000 participants including national & international athletes, corporate honchos and thousands of running enthusiast.

With a total prize money of Rs 25 Lakhs, The Skechers Performance Chennai Marathon 2020 (SPCM 2020) powered by Chennai Runners,will comprise of four events for men and women including a Full Marathon (42.195 Km) – the flagship race of the event, the Perfect 20 Miler (32.186 Km)–introduced for the first time in 2019, the Half Marathon (21.097 Km)and the 10 Km Run – which is expected to see participation from thousands of enthusiastic, excited, first time and experienced runners from across age categories.The flagship race of the event will be run on a TNAA certified course which will take you through both vintage Madras and modern Chennai. Expect a flat, speedy route and an early start (4 AM). In the 2019 edition, the full marathon drew 900 runners.

Mr. Rahul Vira, Skechers South Asia, CEO “We are happy to partner with the Skechers Performance Chennai Marathon 2020. Our collaboration demonstrates our dedication to the runners of all the levels, ranging from beginners in the sports to the elite athletes. In today’s lifestyle remaining fit and active is of high importance and there is no better way to maintain this routine other than running. With the 7th year milestone of our journey in India, we will continue being committed to the ‘Strive to Achieve’ attitude by bringing in a wide range of performance shoes we want to inspire people to run, walk and evoke the need to be on the move and stay fit”

Mr. V P Senthil Kumar, Race Director, Skechers Performance Chennai Marathon 2020 powered by Chennai Runners said, “SPCM 2020 in its eighth edition, continues to raise the benchmark for running events in the country. This Marathon now ranks among the most popular sporting events in India.The overwhelming response that we received since registration opened in July this year has strengthened our resolve to set world class standards in giving our participants the best running experience. The Marathon will follow the coastline with a major part running along the famous ECR of Chennai.With the support of the Greater Chennai Police, Chennai Corporation and other support partners, we are expecting to deliver a Chennai proud running event.”

“Chennai Runners through SPCM 2020 have taken ownership of Kazhipattur Lake near Siruseri, as the primary charity cause.The project envisages clearing of garbage and cleaning&rejuvenating the lake to bring it back to its original glory and full storage capacity. In addition to this, SPCM 2020 supports the charity causes of education for the under privileged, special kids and training support for Para Athletes”. Added V P Senthil Kumar.

About Skechers:

Skechers India, designs, develops and markets a diverse range of performance and lifestyle footwear for men, women and children and now stretching head to toe with their latest addition of apparels and accessories. Skechers is available in India and over 160 countries and territories worldwide via department and specialty stores with more than 2,305 Skechers Company-owned and third-party-owned retail stores, and the company’s e-commerce websites. The Company manages its international business through a network of global distributors, joint venture partners in Asia and the Middle East, and wholly-owned subsidiaries in Canada, Japan, throughout Europe and Latin America.

About Chennai Runners The Chennai Runners group is a not-for-profit society founded in 2006, with the goal of bringing healthy running to the masses.  The club has grown steadily over the years – currently with 18 chapters spread across the length and breadth of the city. Chennai Runners organize training runs and other fitness routines on a regular schedule, and also spearhead various initiatives particularly aimed at beginners. Since inception, the club has focused attention on bringing international quality running events to the city, provided the impetus for the formation of several other running clubs, and been instrumental in making Chennai the marathon capital of India. For more information, please visit www.chennairunners.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here