LG ELECTRONICS INDIA EXTENDS SUPPORT TOWARDS COVID-19 CRISIS – Will donate consumer durable products to the hospitals allotted for quarantineisolation wards – Committed to serve over 1 million meals with a donation of 2 Cr to Akshaypatra

0
95

LG Electronics, India’s leading consumer durable brand pledges support towards
India’s Fight against COVID-19. Reaffirming its commitment towards people of India,
LG announces several initiatives to help the community in every possible aspect. Due to
the nation lockdown, there are a huge number of migrant laborers and daily wage
workers who are struggling each day and yearning for essentials to survive. LG takes up
the responsibility in partnership with AkshayaPatra Foundation, to serve meals to these
people across India. LG will be sponsoring over 1 million meals.
In addition to this and with an aim to provide basic amenities to the doctors and
patients, LG India is also donating products to the hospitals allotted for quarantine/
isolation wards. The brand will cover 50state& district hospitals to further enhance the
set-up by providing Water Purifier, Air conditioners, Refrigerator &TV. Several State
Governments have appreciated LG Electronics support to fight against this pandemic.
Commenting on the initiatives, Young Lak Kim- MD -LG Electronics India said, “In
these precarious and uncertain times, LG India believes in helping and supporting the
Government & citizen of India with a meaningful contribution. We are donating over a
million meals to those who are affected by this necessary Lockdown in order to fight the
Coronavirus. We are also providing range of our products for various states hospitals set
up for COVID-19. Our initiative is designed to help those in need and contribute to
society, at this critical juncture in a positive way. We will further monitor the situation
and accordingly align our CSR endeavors.
SundeepTalwar, Chief Marketing Officer- AkshayaPatra said, “Hunger has
emerged as a big challenge due to COVID-19 & large number of people need to be
supported. We are extremely thankful to our corporate partners like LG Electronics
India for coming forth and extending generous support towards provision of over a
million meals to people in need during this lockdown. We will continue to work
together and serve people in this uncertain situation.”
With the rise in confirmed cases of COVID-19, LG has taken a pledge to support
India’s fight against the pandemic. LG is committed to offer active support to people in
need in this current situation.
About LG Electronics
LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd., a wholly owned subsidiary of LG Electronics, South Korea was established in January
1997 in India. It is one of the most formidable brands in consumer electronics, home appliances, IT hardware and
mobile communications space. In India, LG has earned a premium brand positioning and is the acknowledged
trendsetter for the industry. LGEIL’s manufacturing unit at Greater Noida is one of the most eco-friendly units among
all LG manufacturing plants in the world. The second Greenfield facility is located at Ranjangaon; Pune has the
capacity to manufacture LED TV’s, air conditioners, washing machines, refrigerators, and monitors.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here