In view of Ministry of Home Affairs guidelines on the measures to be taken by Ministries/Departments of Government of India and in continuation of measures already taken for containment of COVID-19 Epidemic in the country the following steps are taken:
1. Cancellation of all type of passenger train services, that is, all Mail/Express trains (including premium trains), passenger trains and suburban trains in Chennai region is extended upto 24:00 hours/midnight of 14th April, 2020.
2. Freight trains will be continued to run.
3. Booking of all types of tickets for journey period upto 24:00 hrs of 14th April, 2020 is suspended. This will be applicable to booking of reserved/unreserved tickets both at railway counters and online using IRCTC portal. Booking of unreserved tickets using UTSonMobile app will also remain suspended.
4. All counters for booking of Rail journey tickets both reserved/unreserved travel at railway stations and outside station premises will remain closed upto 24:00 hrs/midnight of 14 April, 2020.
5. E-ticketing facility for booking of reserved tickets for journey period after 24:00 hrs of 14th April 2020 will be available online.