34th Raising day of the RPF (Railway Protection Force) is being celebrated on the 20th September, the day on which the Force was elevated as an Armed Force of the Union. RPF of Southern Railway is dedicated to the safety and security of the rail passengers. There also undertake continuous campaigns to guide public against various unsafe practices.
The performance highlights of RPF Southern Railway during the year 2019 are
· 227 Criminals were nabbed by RPF for being involved in crimes such as snatching, luggage lifting, robbery, crime against women and other IPC offences. On 146 occasions, left behind luggage’s secured and handed over to the rightful owners.
· 278 theft cases detected with recovery of Railway property worth Rs.15,79,416/- and arrest of 403 criminals under Railway Property (un-lawful Possession) Act.
· 271 Mail/Express/Passenger trains escorted by RPF staff over Southern Railway every day to ensure safety and security of passengers
· 106 persons were nabbed for being involved in smuggling of contraband goods like Heroin, Ganja, banned Tobacco products, etc., worth Rs.4.676 Cr.
· 65,957 offenders arrested and prosecuted under various sections of the Railway Act, with realization of fine of Rs. 20,673,745/-
· 189 touts arrested indulging in illegal business transaction of Railway tickets.
· 1237 offenders nabbed for committing Alarm Chain Pulling without valid reasons.
· 1461 Children rescued by RPF from various trains/railway stations and handed over to their parents/rehabilitation Centers.
RPF round the clock help line no 182 is at the service of passengers.